The Data Science MSc program offered at San José State University features a multidisciplinary curriculum in applied math, statistics, computer science, and their intersection - machine learning. Its rigorous, balanced coursework provides students with strong mathematical, computing, and data skills, as well as project experience. Graduates of this program will have the necessary theoretical knowledge, practical data analysis and coding skills for solving complex real-world problems based on massive amounts of data and also meet the qualifications for various data scientist positions in industry and government.
Program Learning Outcomes
Students will be able to:
- Apply computer science knowledge and tools to assist in performing data science tasks.
- Summarize and evaluate statistical and machine learning concepts, models, and techniques.
- Integrate multidisciplinary knowledge and software to tackle challenging, complex data science tasks.
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, data science concepts, algorithms, and results to a broad audience.
- Identify ways in which data scientists can contribute to the cultural and economic well-being of diverse societies in local, national, and global scopes.
- Artificial Intelligence
- Database Management Systems
- Web Intelligence
- Mathematical Statistics
- Regression Theory and Methods
- Mathematical Methods for Data Visualization
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesData Science & Big Data Artificial Intelligence Machine Learning View 206 other Masters in Artificial Intelligence in United States
- U.S. bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution, or the completion of a 4-year bachelor’s degree from a recognized, accredited, and approved institution from a country outside of the U.S.
- A 3.0 institutional GPA (from the 0.0-4.0 U.S. grading scale) in the last degree completed, or a 3.0 GPA in the last two years of full time study
- Good academic standing at the last institution attended
- English Language Proficiency Exam
- International Coursework and Degrees
- Submit U.S./Canada Transcripts
- Submit Test Scores
- Submit Declaration of Finance Form
- Submit Bank Letter or Bank Statement
- Submit Copy of Current Passport
- Submit Copy of Current Visa
- Two to three letters of recommendation are also required
International7176 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3588 USD per semester during 12 months.
National7176 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3588 USD per semester during 12 months.
- Non-resident students pay basic registration fees plus $396 per unit.
Living costs for San Jose
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.