The Plant Pathology Master's degree at University of California, Riverside is self-funded and typically takes 2 years to complete. Non-thesis (comprehensive examination) and thesis options are available. The student selecting non-thesis degree program will generally take a minimum of 36 units of upper-division and graduate courses, of which 18 must be graduate level courses in Plant Pathology. An examination committee administers a comprehensive final oral exam in the major subject.
Research in plant pathology at UC Riverside focuses on five areas:
- plant disease management, microbial genomics and genetics, host-pathogen interactions, Nematology, and microbial ecology and evolution. Information about individual faculty working in these areas can be found on the faculty page and cooperating faculty page.
- Seminar in Plant Pathology
- Fungal Diseases of Plants
- Bacterial and Viral Diseases of Plants
- Seminar in Plant Pathology
- Phytopathogens: Nematodes (odd years)
- A Colloquium on the Principles of Plant Pathology
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesNatural Sciences Molecular Sciences View 300 other Masters in Natural Sciences in United States
- Students typically have a baccalaureate major in a biological science or training equivalent to that given in the Plant Science curriculum of the College of Natural and Agricultural Sciences . Majors in the physical sciences are welcomed, but students must be prepared to augment their undergraduate preparation with courses in the biological sciences.
- The GRE is no longer required for admission.
- All candidates for the M.S. or the Ph.D. degree should have good basic preparation in chemistry and biology. It is common for students to have completed courses in biochemistry, organic chemistry, cell and molecular biology, elementary college mathematics, general physics, general botany, microbiology, statistics, genetics, plant physiology, mycology, and plant pathology.
International17696 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8848 USD per semester during 24 months.
National17696 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8848 USD per semester during 24 months.
In-State7628 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3814 USD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Riverside
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.