The Conservation and Restoration Science program at the University of California, Irvine (UCI) is offered through the Department of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology (EEB) and the Center for Environmental Biology (CEB) within the School of Biological Sciences.
Why choose MCRS?
The Masters in Conservation and Restoration Science (MCRS) curriculum is designed for professional growth in the area of active, adaptive management.
Our students work closely with faculty and community partners in a rigorous, field-based program.
The learning experience culminates in a solution-based capstone project conducted in collaboration with one of our many community partners.
The MCRS program prepares students to pursue careers that enable them to collaborate and lead in planning, designing, implementing, and managing environmental conservation and restoration activities in agency, non profit and for profit settings.
- Conservation & Restoration Science Tutorial
- Conservation Biology
- Restoration Ecology
- Marine Conservation Ecology
- Human Dimensions in Conservation and Restoration through a Justice Lens
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiology Biodiversity & Conservation Ecology View 231 other Masters in Ecology in United States
- A B.A. or B.S. degree, preferably in Biology, Conservation Biology, Ecology, Environmental Science, or other applied biological science (e.g. forestry, wildlife biology, horticulture or similar degree title) from a fully accredited academic institution, will be required for admission
- Applicants with undergraduate degrees in areas such as Social Ecology, Public Health, Environmental Engineering, or Environmental Policy will be considered, but must demonstrate proficiency in the natural sciences and/or practical experience working in this professional field as documented below
- Two confidential letters of recommendation;
- A statement of purpose (describing the applicant’s goals in seeking the Master’s degree);
- A personal history statement; and
- A resume or curriculum vitae (noting relevant work/academic experiences)
- Experience from professional activities will be evaluated by faculty and staff in the program
International33619 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33619 USD per year during 24 months.
National33619 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33619 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State18517 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18517 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Irvine
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.