What you will learn
With a curriculum that includes courses such as simulation, visualization, machine learning, and optimization, students can expect a rigorous curriculum that combines ideas and methods from both a statistical and computer science perspective.
Data science is a booming field with various applications in burgeoning and innovative industries—the Data Science MSc program offered at University of Texas at Austin ensures that graduates have the skillset to be competitive candidates in the job market.
- Advanced Predictive Models for Complex Data
- Design Principles and Causal Inference for Data-Based Decision Making
- Data Exploration, Visualization, and Foundations of Unsupervised Learning
- Principles of Machine Learning
- Deep Learning
- Natural Language Processing
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- It is recommended that you apply before Aug 15 to allow for your materials to be processed.
DisciplinesComputer Sciences Data Science & Big Data Machine Learning View 283 other Masters in Computer Sciences in United States
- Statement of Purpose: Candidates should limit their submission to two pages describing their reasons for pursuing graduate study, academic and professional interests and goals. It may also include events/experiences that prepared you for graduate study.
- CV/Resume: At the end of the CV/resume please include a section about how you have covered relevant coursework (via MOOC’s, courses, work) and the grade associated with this course (assuming it was through a college or university).
- Mathematics & Programming Preparation Form: Applicants must provide relevant information regarding coursework taken in the subject areas of linear algebra, multivariate calculus, introductory statistics, and programming. This form must be uploaded as a “Mathematics Preparation Form” document through the Document Upload System on the applicant’s MyStatus Portal.
- TOEFL or IELTS.
International6666 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10000 USD for the full programme during 18 months.
National6666 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10000 USD for the full programme during 18 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.