Graduates from the Biomedical Sciences program of Rutgers University pursue Medical School, Dental School, Ph.D. education or careers in biopharma. Students who are part of a particular track get (1) specialized advising from medical and dental school faculty as well as biopharma industry professionals (2) eligibility to request specialized courses e.g. courses in the medical and dental school (3) priority for volunteering opportunities. This program has a flexible curricula and builds on the existing strengths of basic and clinical faculty in the Rutgers New Jersey Medical School (NJMS) and Rutgers School of Dental Medicine (RSDM).
Advantages of this masters program
- One on one academic advising for all students
- Courses taught by clinical and basic sciences research faculty from Rutgers NJMS and RSDM
- Opportunity to take medical or dental school courses with students from NJMS or RSDM (limited enrollment)
- Ability to complete the program in one year, or to follow a less intense curriculum over 3-4 semesters or even longer on a part-time basis
- Part-time enrollment available, with many evening courses in core subjects
- Students obtain laboratory research experience with nationally and internationally renowned medical or dental school faculty
- Ability to conduct Masters thesis research
- Seminar in Biomedical Sciences
- Research in Biomedical Sciences
- Cell Biology
- Human Physiology
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiomedicine Human Medicine View 799 other Masters in Human Medicine in United States
- There is no minimum GPA to apply to our program. Applicants are admitted based on the overall strength of the application
- We accept the GRE for our Master programs. However if you have previously taken the MCAT, DAT, or National Boards Part 1, we will accept those score reports as well
- We require at least two letters of recommendation. For medical and dental scholars, we prefer letters of recommendation from academic instructors, who have direct knowledge of the applicant’s academic performance. For biomedical scholars, the same applies. If the biomedical scholar application is currently working in biopharma industry, letters of recommendation from work will be accepted.
- Personal statement: The applicant should use the personal statement to highlight their motivations to join the program, how they feel this program will benefit them in their goals, and address any past shortcomings e.g. low GPA, low test scores, break in education etc.
International30888 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15444 USD per semester during 12 months.
National30888 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15444 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State18168 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9084 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Newark
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.