About this Degree
The courses in this program provide insight into a range of topics related to sport and culture, such as how sports franchises and leagues promote themselves, ethical issues in sports, the role sports have in uniting and dividing communities, the psychology behind athletic performance, and more.
A Career in Sports—A Competitive Edge
During your time in the Sport Studies MS program at Tulane University, you'll work with faculty members who have extensive experience working in different aspects of sports and can provide practical advice to help guide you along your career path. Whether you’re an athletic trainer or coach seeking advanced certification or you want to pursue a high-level position in sports administration, sport security, or coaching, this program is designed to give you the specialized training and professional skills you need to stand out among other applicants when pursuing highly competitive jobs in the sports industry.
As a Sport Studies graduate, a wide range of career opportunities await:
- Athletics / Assistant Athletics Director
- Head / Assistant Coach
- Director of Sports Management
- Director of Event / Stadium Security
- Special Events Coordinator
- Sports Facilities Manager
- Team Programs & Operations Manager
- Sport Business Operations Manager
- Club Sport Director
- Lecturer in Sport Studies
- Director of Compliance
- Media Relations
- Tournament Director
- Sport in Society
- Research Methods in Kinesiology
- Sport Marketing and Finance
- Fundraising and Capital Development Planning
- Ethical & Legal Issues in Sport
- Sport Media and Communication
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesSports Management Sports Sciences View 78 other Masters in Sports Management in United States
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
To be considered for admission to the MS in Sport Studies or Graduate Certificate program, a prospective graduate student must have:
- Earned an undergraduate degree from an accredited institution prior to the first semester of proposed graduate study.
- At least a 3.0 cumulative grade point average in undergraduate coursework; students with grade point averages below 3.0 may be considered for provisional admission, provided they demonstrate significant professional experience in a relevant field.
Applications to the program must include the following:
- A statement of 250-500 words discussing interest in sport studies, and how the program will assist them to achieve personal or professional objectives.
- Official college transcripts from each college attended.
International33570 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1119 USD per credit during 12 months.
National33570 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1119 USD per credit during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.