The Athletic Training program from Kent State University emphasizes both ethics and research across the curriculum to integrate theory to practice, and is designed to facilitate inter-professional practice as athletic trainers engage actively with professionals across the health care disciplines.
The Athletic Training major is a two-calendar year program with summer academic work. The curriculum focuses on building clinical and didactic knowledge and skills anchored in evidence-based practice, while developing strong research skills by developing not only critical analysis skills, but also investigative research skills. Students are exposed to and actively engage with state-of-the-art equipment in professional health care facilities and are mentored by highly recognized professionals.
The program fosters inter-professional collaboration to promote professional development for the students who will be practicing and researching in inter-disciplinary teams. Students have the ability to critically evaluate and complete scientific research at the end of their academic program, in addition to preparing for the Board of Certification national credentialing examination.
Graduates of this program will be able to:
- Successfully challenge the Board of Certification (BOC) national credentialing exam
- Demonstrate understanding of and competency in the domains of athletic training as defined by the BOC Practice Analysis and Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education (CAATE) 2020 Standards for Accreditation of Professional Athletic Training Programs, Master's Degree Programs.
- Demonstrate competency in evaluating and completing scientific research and evidence-based practice.
- Demonstrate competency in engaging in a variety of clinical practice settings related to athletic training with engagement in an inter-professional environment.
- Apply the principles of the research process in athletic training.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Ethical Leadership for Health Care
- Cadaver Anatomy and Applied Assessment
- Acute Injury Diagnosis, Treatment and Management
- Contemporary Issues in Athletic Training
- Advanced Clinical Procedures in Athletic Training and Sports Medicine
- Clinical Inquiry in Athletic Training
- Clinical Practice: Prevention and Wellness
- Clinical Practice: Advanced Head, Neck and Orthopedic
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
For timely consideration of the application, it is recommended applicants submit a complete application at least one month before the start of the semester.
DisciplinesSports Management Sports Sciences View 321 other Masters in Sports Management in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Minimum 2.750 undergraduate GPA on a 4.000 point scale
- Completion of prerequisite courses with minimum C grade 1
- Official transcript(s)
- Goal statement
- Two letters of recommendation
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International17982 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17982 USD per year during 24 months.
National17982 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17982 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State9648 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9648 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Kent
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.