About this Degree
The Master of Public Health at University of California, San Diego strives to address both of these critical aspects of public health with a program of academic rigor and an emphasis on equity and social justice across the MPH and the Herbert Wertheim School of Public Health & Human Longevity Science. 2020 has been a year of firsts for the UC San Diego MPH. We graduated our first class in June.
We added two new concentrations: Public Mental Health and Technology and Precision Health. We awarded our first Diversity Fellowships. And perhaps most importantly, the MPH is one of the seven initial education programs of the new UC San Diego Herbert Wertheim School of Public Health & Human Longevity Science.
We are delighted to be part of the dynamic and diverse San Diego public health community. Our faculty and students exemplify the diversity, innovation, and excellence of 21st century California and public health.
- Health Behavior
- Public Health Research Methods
- Environmental and Occupational Health
- Health Policy
- Scientific Writing
- Public Health Practicum
- Master's Capstone/Thesis Independent Study
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Administration Health Sciences View 1340 other Masters in Public Health in United States
- Eligible Bachelor’s degree students will have a GPA of at least 3.3 in their major (upper division courses only) and a 3.0 overall GPA
- International students must meet minimum criteria on the TOEFL, IELTS, or PTE
- A statement of purpose (approximately 1500 words)
- Three letters of recommendation. At least two of these letters should be from academic sources, i.e. faculty or PIs who can speak to your academic capabilities.
International32589 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 32589 USD per year during 12 months.
National32589 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 32589 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State17487 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17487 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for San Diego
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.