What is Applied Statistics?
Applied Statistics, Analytics and Data Science involves interpreting data to determine needs, trends and probabilities across many industries. Any field that involves analyzing data-based findings or results needs trained data analysts, scientists and statisticians to interpret and report information.
A data analyst, scientist or statistician’s responsibilities may include:
- Interpreting performance data for new products or technologies
- Analyzing demographic data for a political or marketing campaign
- Contributing to health care research
- Reporting results from scientific lab or field work
What industries need data analysts?
Data analytics, statistics professionals and data scientists work in a wide variety of industries, including healthcare, public policy, environmental science, business and public relations. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, jobs in statistics-related fields, including data analytics, are projected to grow 33 percent by 2026, compared to an overall projected occupational growth of 7.4 percent.
University of Kansas offers a degree option and certificate options for applied statistics, analytics and data science graduate programs. Students in the Master of Science can choose an emphasis in Statistics, Analytics or Data Science.
- Professionalism, Ethics and Leadership in the Statistical Sciences
- Categorical Data Analysis
- Linear Regression
- Multivariate Statistics
- Mathematical Statistics
- Experimental Design
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesStatistics Business Intelligence & Analytics Data Science & Big Data View 227 other Masters in Business Intelligence & Analytics in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Kansas and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Online application: (Applicants will need to designate three recommenders.)
- Official transcript(s)
- Cumulative undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or better. Applicants who do not meet this threshold may be admitted under provisional status
- B average or higher in Calculus I and II courses (i.e. single variable differentiation and integration or equivalent) or STAT 655
- Completion of any computer programming language course or demonstration of mastery via credentials or work experience
- GRE preferred but not required
International21000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 700 USD per credit during 12 months.
National21000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 700 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State21000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 700 USD per credit during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.