There are four methods of doing the Criminology, Criminal Justice, Social Policy, Social Sciences programme either pursuing full-time study at the Bangor University ; pursuing full-time research at an external place of employment or either of these pathways on a part-time basis over a period of 24 months instead of the full-time 12 month period.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- A supervisor will be appointed who will provide formal research supervision to the candidate for the 12 month period.
- At the end of the period, students will be expected to present a piece of work approximately 40,000–50,000 words in length.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesCriminal Law Criminology Criminal Justice View 176 other Masters in Criminology in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
The criteria for admission onto the programme would normally be a minimum of an Upper Second Class Honours degree or equivalent, a satisfactory proposal for research and the ability of the School to effectively supervise the proposed dissertation
For those whose first language is not English or Welsh, the minimum English language requirements is:
- IELTS: 6.5 (with no individual score lower than 6.0)
- Pearson PTE: 62 (with no individual score lower than 58)
- Cambridge English Test – Advanced: 176 (with no individual score lower than 169)
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International160 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 160 GBP per year during 12 months.
National4660 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4660 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Bangor
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.