This Professional Health Education from Temple University is specifically designed for students who are or would like to be faculty members in health professional programs. The academic program, which is housed in the Department of Psychological Studies in Education, was created by faculty and administration in the Katz School of Medicine and the Kornberg School of Dentistry in conjunction with faculty in the College of Education and Human Development. The optional concentration is ideal for those students interested in developing pedagogical research, participating in peer critique and evaluation, and sharing with others who are engaged in scholarship.
About this Program
Classes are taught by faculty experts from a rotation of health professional schools to ensure the most medically applicable curriculum. Learning outcomes are based on your field of study and include the following.
- Applying evidence-based healthcare principles to teaching future professionals.
- Designing, presenting and assessing case-based instructional modules.
- Implementing adult learning theories in both the didactic and clinical.
- Performing effective coaching techniques.
- Providing effective group facilitation and consultation.
- Case-based Instruction and Learning
- Evidence-based Health Care
- Fundamental Interpersonal Techniques for Healthcare Professionals
- Motivation in Education
- 20 months
- 72 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHealth Education View 78 other Masters in Health Education in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Statement of Goals: Write a 500- to 1,000-word statement of purpose outlining your interest in this program with a specific focus on the career to which you aspire, your interests, and your relevant academic and job-related experiences.
- Recommendations: 2
International26314 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1329 USD per credit during 20 months.
National26314 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1329 USD per credit during 20 months.
In-State19126 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 966 USD per credit during 20 months.
Living costs for Philadelphia
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.