Rooted in a research collaboration among four very strong academic departments, the master's program offers a rigorous, distinctive, and attractive education for people building careers in Data Science at Brown University
Big data is generating a fundamental revolution in many scholarly and intellectual endeavors. Large scale data sets come from digitized analog content created over centuries as well as new data from a large number of sources such as remote sensing, mobile devices, genomic studies, brain images, massive administrative databases, simulation runs, retail transactions, and cameras.
The program's course structure, including the capstone experience, will ensure that the students meet the goals of acquiring and integrating foundational knowledge for data science, applying this understanding in relation to specific problems, and appreciating the broader ramifications of data–driven approaches to human activity.
- Probability, Statistics, and Machine Learning.
- Statistical Learning.
- Deep Learning and Special Topics in Data Science
- Data and Society
- Data Engineering
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMathematics Data Science & Big Data View 939 other Masters in Mathematics in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Personal Statement: 1000-1500 word personal statement that gives your reasons to pursue graduate work in the field of your study.
- Recommendations: Three (3) recommendations required
- TOEFL/IELTS: Required for any non-native English speaker who does not have a degree from an institution where English is the sole language of instruction or from a University in the following countries: Australia, Bahamas, Botswana, Cameroon, Canada (except Quebec), Ethiopia, Ghana, Ireland, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Malawi, New Zealand, Nigeria, Zimbabwe, South Africa, Sierra Leone, Swaziland, Tanzania, Gambia, Uganda, United Kingdom (England, Scotland, Northern Ireland, Wales), West Indies, Zambia).
International80527 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 80527 USD per year during 12 months.
National80527 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 80527 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Providence
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.