Geology at Washington State University studies regions of the Earth from its deep interior to its highest mountains, they study Earth materials from the building blocks of the planets to the magmas that erupt from volcanoes to the sands on the seashores, and they study the Earth and its hydro-geochemical cycles on timescales from its very beginnings to the present day.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
All graduates will be able to:
- Attain knowledge and expertise in core disciplinary areas.
- Think critically and develop creative solutions to scientific problems.
- Effectively communicate the results of their research.
- Become visible members of the scientific community taking organizational and service roles.
- Recognize important scientific problems and contribute to solving them.
- Master the field, laboratory, data analysis and theoretical skills necessary to perform the research.
- Become effective teachers in field, laboratory and lecture-room settings.
- Attract and retain world-class faculty in appropriate disciplinary areas.
- Assist students to engage in outreach activities.
- Prepare students to successfully compete for jobs in industry, academia, and government.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Fall January 10
- Spring July 1
DisciplinesGeology Natural Sciences Environmental Sciences View 304 other Masters in Natural Sciences in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Prospective international students must have the equivalent of a U.S. bachelor’s degree from an approved institution. Usually, this is a minimum of four years of study beyond grade 12.
- A grade point average equivalent to a U.S. grade of "B" (3.0 on a 4.0 scale) or better is required.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International27113 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 27113 USD per year during 12 months.
National13533 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13533 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State6308 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6308 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Pullman
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.