Students of the MPH in Community Health at The City University of New York are provided with the competencies they will need to promote health in urban communities—competencies in assessment, community engagement, program development, grant writing, research, and evaluation.
What you'll study
The program prepares students to plan, manage, and evaluate health programs aimed at reducing social and behavioral threats to community health. The curriculum addresses the social determinants of disease and health inequalities with a corresponding emphasis on structural theories of change, informed by social justice principles.
Graduates work in a variety of organizations across public and nonprofit sectors in New York and beyond, including service, advocacy and health care organizations.
- Public Health Leadership & Management
- Health Equity, Communication, and Advocacy
- Designing and Evaluating Public Health Interventions
- Designs, Concepts, and Methods in Public Health Research
- Community Organizing to Advance Health and Social Justice
- Community Health Program Planning, Evaluation, and Sustainability
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Management View 720 other Masters in Health Management in United States
- Completed SOPHAS application
- Undergraduate degree from an accredited university with GPA (overall and major) of at least 3.0 preferred.
- Personal statement/statement of purpose (recommended length is 500 words)
- Background in the field: paid or volunteer experience in public health or related field
- 2 Letters of recommendation
- TOEFL scores are required if language of instruction for prior degrees was not English
- Transcript evaluation from WES or ECE for foreign transcripts. Please reach out to us if you are having programs with your evaluation due to COVID-19.
- Strong foundation in social and natural sciences; statistics or calculus strongly recommended.
International17955 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 855 USD per credit during 24 months.
National17955 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 855 USD per credit during 24 months.
- Full-time - $5,545/semester
- Part-time - $470/credit
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.