The mission of the Health Information Management program from The City University of New York is to equip students with the skills and knowledge to develop, implement, and manage health information and data for quality care, reimbursement, research, planning, and evaluation.
The rapid transition to electronic health systems have increased the need for healthcare facilities to hire educated and experienced health information management (HIM) professionals. It is crucial for healthcare organizations to employ a clear HIM strategy with the most qualified people at its helm to ensure secure access to data, enhance decision making, maintain financial balance, and improve the quality of patient care and outcomes.
What you'll study
The online MS in Health Information Management degree program aims to meet this demand by preparing HIM professionals to implement and manage information systems in complex healthcare environments. Modeled after CAHIIM standards and taught by the most knowledgeable leaders in the HIM community, the program gives students the skills to:
- Recognize the strengths and weaknesses of computer technology and information systems
- Design, implement, and evaluate system-wide health information systems while meeting regulatory requirements
- Analyze the impact of privacy and security, ethics, professional standards, and the law on health information
- Assess public policy and healthcare procedures to support U.S. and global health information management
- Safeguard the accuracy and integrity of health information to facilitate real-time healthcare delivery and critical decision-making
- U.S. Healthcare Delivery
- Healthcare Information Systems
- Health Privacy, Security and Legal Issues
- Healthcare Finance and Revenue Cycle Management
- Performance Improvement Strategies in Healthcare
- Healthcare Statistics and Research Methods
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
Priority Deadline: November 4, 2021
DisciplinesHealth Management Health Informatics View 80 other Masters in Health Informatics in United States
Applicants must possess a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution, with a GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale. Applicants are required to write a personal statement, upload a resume, and provide two letters of recommendation. An individual interview may be necessary.
- Students who do not have prior background in health information management may need to take additional prerequisite/and or requisite course content as defined by the academic program. Those with a variety of undergraduate majors and professional backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
International28215 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 855 USD per credit during 12 months.
National28215 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 855 USD per credit during 12 months.
- Full-time - $5,545/semester
- Part-time - $470/credit
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.