Throughout the curriculum of the MA in Museum Studies at The City University of New York, the underlying and constant thread is diversity and inclusiveness, a critical and often overlooked aspect of current museum practice.
Program Learning OutcomesGraduates of the MA in Museum Studies will be able to:
- Analyze theory, history, and background of museums and public culture.
- Apply best practices regarding collections acquisitions, archival management, and care.
- Evaluate and appraise methods and styles of exhibition content development, delivery, and interpretation geared towards a range of visitors.
- Evaluate and appraise methods and styles of exhibition content development, delivery, and interpretation mindful of inclusion and diversity, including, but not limited to visitors with disabilities.
- Evaluate, appraise, and distinguish educational aspects of museum practice.
- Understand the important need for efficient and integrated administration.
- Create and curate a museum exhibition.
- History and Theory of Museums
- Curatorial Theory and Exhibition Design
- Museum Education and Interpretation
- Museum Administration, Finance, and the Law
- Organizational Behavior and Leadership
- Leading Groups and Teams
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership Museum Studies View 986 other Masters in Management, Organisation & Leadership in United States
- Applicants must possess a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution, with a GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
- Applicants are required to write a personal statement, upload a resume, and provide two letters of recommendation.
International25650 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 855 USD per credit during 12 months.
National25650 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 855 USD per credit during 12 months.
- Full-time - $5,545/semester
- Part-time - $470/credit
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.