Both specializations give you a full understanding of multiple areas of sport management through interdisciplinary classes. Our Kinesiology (Sport Management and Policy) curriculum blends business practices with the needs of the sport industry, studying the place sport has in society, examining the sociological and philosophical dimensions of sport, and governmental and industry policies that apply to it. Students will learn through hands-on, real-world experiential learning and case studies led by our esteemed faculty.
Upon graduation, many of our non-thesis students begin careers at the professional, collegiate, or secondary level, while others explore corporate businesse and sponsorship opportunities. Our thesis students are well prepared to enter research institutions to pursue doctoral degrees.
Our graduates from University of Georgia work in a variety of industries that include the NBA, NFL, MLB, NHL, and MLS; with professional sports teams like the Atlanta Braves, Atlanta Hawks, Atlanta United, Atlanta Falcons, Gwinnett Stripers, Dallas Cowboys; within agencies like IMG, Creative Artists Agency, Octagon, and Melt; and with industry-leading organizations like ESPN, the NCAA, Nike, and many more.
- Learn business skills as they relate to the sport industry for graduate or industry work in law, business, and kinesiology
- Faculty are experts in marketing and consumer behavior, economics, finance, research and analytics, legal and ethical issues, organizational behavior, sales and strategy, diversity and social justice, and risk management related to sport
- Experiential learning opportunities at the top sport business organizations across the world
- Located close to every major professional sport league as well as UGA's Athletic Association, Augusta National, East Lake Country Club, and other top sport venues
- Ability to combine academic coursework through the Terry College of Business and Grady College of Journalism and Mass Communication
Sample course offerings:
- Sport economics and policy
- Sport marketing
- Sport event management and facilities
- Managing the legal aspects of sport
- Social aspects of sport
- Sport finance
- Sport policy and governance
- Philosophy and ethics in sport
- Sport organizational behavior
- Sport sales, fundraising, and revenue generation
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesSports Management Sports Sciences Kinesiology View 280 other Masters in Kinesiology in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Starting from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Georgia and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
In the Graduate School application, students should upload the following items:
- Statement of purpose:Outline your experience and how the program will help you obtain your career goals. Thesis applicants should also specify their research interests. The statement or purpose should not exceed two typed single-spaced page
- Official GRE Scores if applying to the MS thesis program only.The GRE is not a requirement for admission to the MS non-thesis program specializing in Sport Management.
- Contact information for three (3) references
International24676 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24676 USD per year during 12 months.
National24676 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24676 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State8698 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8698 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Athens
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.