About Stage Management at The University of Iowa
- Your three years in the MFA Stage Management program at the The University of Iowa will be tailored to meet your individual needs. Your faculty will serve as personal trainers, coaching you to resolve any deficiencies and to maximize your strengths as a stage manager. We seek intellectually curious and academically gifted students with strong interpersonal skills.
- Your academic work, including your own teaching or research assistant work, will be reviewed at the end of each semester. At the end of your second year of study, you will participate in a comprehensive review of your academic and production work. During the exam the SM Faculty Committee will review material including student performance evaluations, academic record, and the student’s personal statement.
- AEA/LORT Contract
- From Tech through Closing
- Opera and Dance Stage Management
- Production Management for Stage Managers
- Arts Leadership Seminar
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership Theatre & Dance View 2531 other Masters in Management, Organisation & Leadership in United States
- A U.S. bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university, or an equivalent degree from another country as determined by the Office of Admissions.
- A minimum grade-point average (GPA) of 3.00, or the foreign equivalent as determined by the Office of Admissions.
- English Proficiency Requirements
- A résumé
- A statement of purpose
- Two writing samples
- The department also requires a personal interview
- Three letters of recommendation
- Once recommended for admission, international students must send a Financial Statement.
International29739 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29739 USD per year during 36 months.
National31012 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31012 USD per year during 36 months.
In-State12065 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12065 USD per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Iowa City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.