- Independent School Teaching Residency at the University of Pennsylvania enables aspiring and early career teachers to receive a master’s degree in education while completing teaching fellowships at host partner schools. With an innovative and comprehensive curriculum designed specifically for the independent schools’ unique settings, ISTR features intensive on-site sessions in combination with innovative and collaborative distance learning.
- The program also provides an option to apply for a Pennsylvania teaching certification. This option requires the completion of one additional course, EDTF 521 Foundations of Special Education as well as all PA state requirements for certification.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Social Foundations of Independent Schools
- Teaching as Inquiry
- Learning Theory and Instructional Design
- Field Seminar
- Reflective Practice in Schools
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- Application Deadline - Rolling
DisciplinesEducation Teaching View 4010 other Masters in Education in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Statement of Purpose: In 750 words or less, address the factors that have encouraged you to seek an education from Penn GSE. You may also wish to address your background, significant personal and professional experiences related to your program of study, important aspects of your academic record, and your professional goals upon completion of your desired program.
- Résumé: A current résumé/CV is required.
- Letters of Recommendation Required: 3
- Transcripts: Transcript(s) from prior undergraduate and graduate institution(s) are required.
- The partner schools cover the majority of tuition as a part of your compensation, as well as providing you with a stipend.
Living costs for Philadelphia
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.