Our passion for healthy communities has you wanting to lead a public health organization - but to do that, you'll need serious business knowledge. As you study topics like epidemiology and health behavior, we can give you finance, economics, and strategic planning skills critical to your success.
In fact, there are many skills you'll need in this profession, yet they can vary greatly depending on your area of interest. That's why we're giving you the power to tailor your curriculum based on your specific career goals. You can choose between four public health concentrations: environmental health science, epidemiology, health behavior, or health care organization and policy. Or, you can focus on a combination (general MPH). How you blend your business and public health courses is also up to you. For instance, you'll need 60 credit hours in order to complete this coordinated degree. However, 12 credit hours from your MBA curriculum can be credited to your MPH, and six hours from your MPH can be credited to your MBA.
Public Health - Business Administration students may complete either degree programs totally online, in class, or through a mix of online and in class experiences.
- The University of Alabama at Birmingham Collat School of Business was named one of the nation's "Best Business Schools" by The Princeton Review.
- UAB's online MPH program is one of the best of its kind, according to OnlineMasters.com. Pay the same tuition as in-state students if you complete your degree online.
- This is Public Health
- Programs and Policies
- Leadership for Evidence-Based Public Health
- Environment and Health: The MPH Capstone
- Accounting and Finance for Managers
- Strategic Management
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Health Administration Health Sciences View 1565 other Masters in Business Administration in United States
Students must apply separately to each program.
- Learn how to apply to SOPH. Students must apply through the UAB Graduate School.
- Select "MPH dual program" and then the "MPH/MBA" track. SOPH will accept the GMAT in lieu of the GRE for students who wish to strengthen their application by including test scores.
- Learn how to apply to the Collat School of Business. To apply for the MBA, students must apply through the UAB Graduate School.
- Select "MBA/MPH dual degree program" from the drop down menu. Select "MPH dual program" and then the MPH/MBA track. The School of Business will accept the GRE in lieu of the GMAT.
International35190 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1173 USD per credit during 24 months.
National32940 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1098 USD per credit during 24 months.
In-State13950 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 465 USD per credit during 24 months.
- Online Courses Offered: In-State and Out-of-State Costs: $549 Each semester hour of coursework
Living costs for Birmingham
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.