Graduates of this MSEd in Educational Leadership from The City University of New York are eligible for NYS certification in both School Building Leader and School District Leader.
Complete and pass comprehensive examination prior to enrollment into ADSUP 75100, the internship seminar.
Students must complete all Key Assessments built around accepted professional standards in the field of Education Leadership.
- An overall GPA of 3.0.
- Maintain a valid and appropriate NYS certificate.
- Require a minimum of two academic years of full-time graduate level study.
- The culminating experiences of the program consist of an oral exit interview and a program portfolio review of selected leadership experiences and reflections on the learning process.
- Must pass the School of Education technology assessment, embedded in courses.
- Pass both parts of the NYSTCE School District Leader (SDL) exam.
- Pass the NYSTCE Educating All Students (EAS) exam.
- Complete the Dignity for All Students Act (DASA) workshop.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Leadership to Enhance Human Resources
- Supervision for the Improvement of Instruction
- Leadership Strategies for School Reform
- Seminar in Evaluating and Applying Educational Research
- Legal Issues, Finance, Facilities and Operations
- Using Data, Technology and Assessment to Plan and Design Curriculum and Instruction
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Management, Organisation & Leadership Educational Research View 4095 other Masters in Education in United States
- A master’s degree from an accredited institution with a GPA of at least 3.0.
- Permanent or professional NYS certification as a teacher and/or pupil personnel service provider within grades PreK-12.
- A minimum of three years of approved teaching and/or school service within grades PreK-12 under regular appointment (or its equivalent for counselors, social workers, and school psychologists) or two years approved teaching and/or school service and at least one year of relevant management/leadership experience.
- Two letters of recommendation, including a letter of support from the candidate’s immediate site supervisor.
- An on-site interview process that includes both oral and written activities.
- Submission of official score report on the Graduate Record Examination (GRE).
International25650 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25650 USD per year during 12 months.
National25650 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25650 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State11090 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11090 USD per year during 12 months.
- Resident: $470 per credit
- Non-resident: $855 per credit
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.