MA in Adolescent Earth Science from The City University of New York is for applicants with no prior NYS certificate. The advanced certificate program (Academic Plan: ESCAE-AC) is a post-master’s program for applicants with no prior NYS certificate.
- Minimum GPA for Retention - Graduate students must maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 to remain at Hunter College. Students whose grades fall below this standard are required to raise their GPAs to at least 3.0 within one semester.
- No F in the first two semesters—students who receive a grade of F or WU in any course in the first two semesters will not be allowed to continue in the program.
- Progress holds due to Incomplete Grades - Students with two or more INCs will not be allowed to register for any courses.
Key Course Performance Standards
- Students must receive a grade of at least a B in key program courses.
- Students who receive a grade of F or WU in key program courses may not continue in the program.
- Key Program Courses are identified by the label (KC) in the course title.
- An overall GPA of 3.0.
- Master’s degree students will develop a professional teaching portfolio, which is a cumulative effort, integrating course and fieldwork throughout the program.
- Complete the Dignity for All Students Act (DASA) workshop.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Earth Science Today
- Concepts and Theories in GeoInformatics
- Science and Society
- Applications to Adolescent Education (KC)
- Teaching and Learning in Adolescent Education
- Building the Foundations of Literacy in Adolescent Education
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEarth Sciences Educational Psychology Teaching View 1679 other Masters in Teaching in United States
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution with a GPA of at least 3.0.
- A major of at least 30 credits in the liberal arts or sciences.
- At least 21 credits in geology, physical geography, earth science, or environmental science, including geographic techniques.
- General education core in the liberal arts and sciences to include: artistic expression; communication; information retrieval; concepts in history and social sciences; humanities; a language other than English; scientific and mathematical processes; and written analysis and expression.
- Two professional references.
- A personal statement.
- Submission of official score report on the Graduate Record Examination (GRE), except applicants who are certified teachers or school administrators and hold a graduate degree.
International25650 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25650 USD per year during 24 months.
National25650 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25650 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State11090 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11090 USD per year during 24 months.
- Resident: $470 per credit
- Non-resident: $855 per credit
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.