Nurses who earn this Adult-Gerontology Clinical Nurse Specialist nursing degree from The City University of New York are preparing themselves for advanced practice positions in medical-surgical specialties within acute or skilled nursing facilities or in community-based nursing services.
What you'll learn
Through course work, supervised practicum hours (500 hours) and carefully selected electives, students develop broad clinical knowledge in the assessment and clinical management of patients across the adult life span in acute and chronic care settings. Practicum placements are offered in a wide variety of medical-surgical specialty settings.
There is also a strong focus on the consultative component of the CNS role, incorporating education and patient care improvement content throughout the curriculum. Students also have an opportunity to participate in programs aimed at serving the target adult population and promoting policy changes in the health care delivery system. Graduates of the program meet educational requirements for specialty certification by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC).
International applicants who need an F-1 or J-1 Visa are not currently eligible for this program.
- Theoretical Foundations of Nursing Science
- Advanced Nursing Research
- Healthcare Systems and Policy
- Health Promotion and Disease Prevention in Diverse Populations
- Advanced Pathophysiology for Nursing Practice
- Advanced Pharmacotherapeutics
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesNursing Health Sciences View 776 other Masters in Nursing in United States
- A bachelor's degree in nursing from an accredited program with a minimum GPA of 3.0 or above
- Completion of a basic statistics course and an undergraduate research course or equivalent.
- New York State RN license and current registration.
- Professional résumé listing education and relevant work experience.
- Statement of purpose of approximately 500 words
- Two letters of recommendation.
- US Citizenship or Permanent Residency status.
International25650 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25650 USD per year during 24 months.
National25650 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25650 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State11090 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11090 USD per year during 24 months.
- Resident: $470 per credit
- Non-resident: $855 per credit
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.