The MEd in Special Education from University of Massachusetts Boston is focused on social justice in urban schools, emphasizing students with disabilities and the knowledge, dispositions, and practices necessary to combat disproportional representation. Several MEd courses can be taken online for a hybrid learning experience, and two of our related special education certificate programs are entirely online.
The Special Education MEd is available in four different tracks:
- Moderate Disabilities, Pre-K-8
- Moderate Disabilities, Grades 5-12
- Transition Leadership
The program is a hybrid model with about 50% of the classes online:
- Includes a mix of fully online classes; hybrid classes that are roughly half online and half face-to-face; and a few classes that meet mostly face-to-face.
- Great balance that provides flexibility, and connections with both faculty and classmates.
- Face-to-face classes all meet one time per week at the UMass Boston campus at either 4PM or 7PM, so you can attend classes and work full time.
- Rethinking Equity and Teaching for English Language Learners
- Behavioral and Classroom Management
- Standardized Assessments for Students with Moderate Disabilities, PreK-12
- Consultation and Interpersonal Skills
- Building Collaborative Partnerships with Families of Students with Disabilities
- Legal and Political Issues in Special Education
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesSpecial Education Educational Research Educational Psychology View 575 other Masters in Educational Psychology in United States
- Test Scores: MTEL or GRE
- Letters of Recommendation: 2
- Writing Sample: Required
- Statement of purpose;
International36880 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18440 USD per semester during 12 months.
National36880 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18440 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State18894 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9447 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Boston
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.