The Civil Engineering program at Missouri University of Science and Technology is a non-thesis degree program and requires 30 credit hours to complete. Because of the broad nature of civil engineering, Missouri University of Science and Technology offers the following areas of study:
- Environmental Engineering courses can be tailored to fit the interest of the student, with strong courses in groundwater, soil remediation, air pollution control, and wastewater treatment.
- Structural Engineering general studies include reinforced concrete, cold-formed steel, fiber reinforced polymer composites, high performance concrete, seismic behavior of structures, damage detection.
- Geotechnical Engineering study includes courses in soil properties and their measurements, foundations, embankments, earth dams, soil mechanics, numerical modeling, soil dynamics and earthquake engineering.
- Water Resources Engineering courses are available in various specialty areas, including advanced hydraulics and hydrology, watershed and urban hydrology, physical and mathematical modeling, sediment transport, and river mechanics.
- Construction Engineering studies focus on managing the design and construction process, including estimating, scheduling, contracts, productivity, and project delivery systems.
- Applied Mechanics In Structural Engineering
- Bituminous Materials
- Water Resources And Wastewater Engineering
- Structural Analysis
- Composition And Properties Of Concrete
- Environmental Systems Modeling
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEnvironmental Engineering Civil Engineering & Construction Hydrology & Water Management View 71 other Masters in Civil Engineering & Construction in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Missouri University of Science and Technology and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline from an accredited program
- Undergraduate GPA ≥ 3.0
- GRE V+Q ≥ 300; GRE Q ≥ 150, and GRE WR ≥ 3.5
- International requirement: TOEFL ≥ 80 iBT or IELTS ≥ 6.5
- Students with non-civil engineering degrees may be required to take additional courses to prepare them for their advanced studies. In some cases, students with non-engineering degrees (e.g., chemistry, physics, geology, or biology) will be considered if deficiencies in mathematics, science and engineering are remedied.
International14400 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7200 USD per semester during 12 months.
National14400 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7200 USD per semester during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.