The Master in Educational Policy and Foundations from Marquette University is committed to the development of practitioners and researchers as agents of critical inquiry and social justice. This is accomplished through systematic focus on social, cultural, philosophical and historical contexts of education.
The master of arts with a specialization in educational policy and foundations is designed for teachers and educational leaders who wish to combine the study of foundations in education with research in an area of interest.
The goal of our graduate programs is to engage the professional educator (teacher or other human-service organization leader) in extended critical reflection on principles, practices and rationales of human service leadership in contemporary society. Specifically, the program seeks to develop educational and human-service leaders with expertise in historical, philosophical and sociological foundations of educational policy issues. Our programs are designed to accommodate the working professional, and content is composed to reflect diversity in student backgrounds, interests and professional objectives.
- Sociological Foundations of Education
- History of Education in the United States
- Student Development in Higher Education
- History of Higher Education in the United States
- Organizational Theory and Administration in K-12 Schools
- Instructional Leadership
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
January 15: priority consideration for fall admission
DisciplinesEducation Management, Organisation & Leadership View 2370 other Masters in Management, Organisation & Leadership in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A completed online application form and fee.
- Copies of all college/university transcripts except Marquette. Transcripts must include proof of earned bachelor's degree.1
- Three letters of recommendation addressing the applicant’s ability to do graduate-level work.
- A personal statement of purpose that includes professional and academic goals.
- A resume that includes professional and educational experiences.
- (For international applicants only) a TOEFL score or other acceptable proof of English proficiency.
An interview and/or writing test may be required of applicants following the initial screening.
International14850 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 900 USD per credit during 24 months.
National14850 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 900 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Milwaukee
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.