With the Civic Engagement program of the University of Minnesota you can choose to focus your electives around a specialization based on your unique professional goals. Sample specializations include:
- Civic Life and Social Justice
- Perspectives in Global Citizenship
- Election Administration
You can also self-design your specialization, in consultation with your advisor, choosing from among the numerous graduate offerings across the University of Minnesota.
Why Minnesota, Why Now?Because Minnesota is one of the most generous and engaged states in the country. And we need leaders with advanced professional, communication, and data skills to better serve our communities.
- Critical Approaches to Civic Engagement
- Facilitating Community-Driven Leadership
- Finance for Non-Financial Managers
- Data for Decision Making
- Leading Projects and Teams
- Can We Feed the World Without Destroying It?
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesInternational Relations Finance Public Policy View 381 other Masters in International Relations in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Minnesota and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited post-secondary US institution or its foreign equivalent
- An undergraduate GPA of 3.0
- Professional statement: One to two pages, double-spaced, should describe your personal and/or professional goals, why you think the Civic Engagement program will help you achieve them, and how you plan to focus your program
- Diversity statement: Optional
- Extenuating Circumstances statement: If your undergraduate GPA is below 3.0, please provide an explanation
- Two letters of recommendation
- Include a writing sample (five to ten pages) on any topic that demonstrates critical thinking and analysis
- Resume or CV
- Application Fee
International27000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 900 USD per credit during 12 months.
National27000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 900 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Minneapolis
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.