Applicants at the Applied Biostatistics Epidemiology MSc program at University of Southern California should also meet the minimum requirements for admission to the Graduate School. Demonstrated proficiency in the English language is essential. With approval of the Graduate School, applicants not meeting these requirements may be conditionally admitted contingent upon maintaining a GPA of 3.0 for the first 12 units of graduate study.
General requirements include at least 39 units of required courses as follows: 26 units of core courses and at least 9 units of elective courses. In addition, each student must register for 4 units of PM 594a Master’s Thesis, PM 594b Master’s Thesis and write a master’s thesis.
Electives will be determined by the student’s needs and interests and will be approved by the student’s adviser. When appropriate, courses not listed above may be chosen with approval of the student’s adviser. Sufficient familiarity in computer languages to operate major software packages for data management and analysis is required.
A master’s thesis is required of all students. This thesis consists of a research project approved by the faculty and chosen from problems encountered within the department, in other departments of the Keck School of Medicine or university or elsewhere in the community.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Design of Clinical Studies
- Epidemiology of Infectious Disease
- Data Analysis
- Multivariate Statistics in Health Behavior Research
- Statistical Problem Solving
- Research Methods in Epidemiology
- Environmental Health: An Epidemiological Approach
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesBiology Statistics Health Sciences View 995 other Masters in Biology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- You must hold a degree considered equivalent to a U.S. bachelor's degree, as evaluated by the USC Office of Graduate & International Admission.
- Your college or university must be recognized by the appropriate governmental ministry as a degree-granting institution.
- All transcripts and degree certificates/diplomas must be written in the original language of instruction.
- Official transcripts must show all courses and subjects taken and all grades (marks) received.
- Official transcripts must be sent directly to USC by the college or university.
International60446 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30223 USD per semester during 24 months.
National60446 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30223 USD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Los Angeles
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.