Given the limited number of online sociology graduate programs available, this program fills an important niche. The Sociology MA course from the American Public University includes 1:1 mentoring sessions with faculty built in to key courses.
APU’s master’s in sociology online program enhances your ability to engage in advanced social science research methods and statistical analysis to examine big data in interdisciplinary contexts and careers. Coursework examines inequality and diversity, globalization, social change, and the intersection of people and societies with institutions. You can also focus on interests in education, healthcare, or social services.
What You'll Learn
- Show how core sociological concepts can be applied to social issues to promote the social, economic, and environmental well-being of individuals and communities
- Describe career opportunities, professional responsibilities, and challenges faced by sociologists
- Participate in a service activity to contribute to positive social change in your personal or professional life
- Prepare a portfolio showcasing your mastery of social science knowledge and skill
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Qualitative Methods in Social Science Research
- Quantitative Methods in Social Science Research
- Social Theory in Action
- Professionalism for Sociologists: Ethics, Collaboration, and Career Planning
- Advanced Data Analysis for Social Science
- Social Psychology
- 2 months
Start dates & application deadlines
Courses Start Monthly
DisciplinesEducation Social Work Sociology View 64 other Masters in Social Work in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- All APU master's degree and graduate certificate programs require a bachelor’s degree (or higher) from an institution whose accreditation is recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).
- The following is required for admission into this program. All documentation must be provided prior to course registration: Applicants must have completed a bachelor’s degree in any field with a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 2.0; Applicants must have completed: one introduction to sociology course; one statistics course.
- If you have a non-U.S. transcript, please view our International Admissions page for more information.
- There is no fee to complete the APU admission application.
International370 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 370 USD per credit during 2 months.
National370 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 370 USD per credit during 2 months.
$250 with military grant
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.