You learn about the science of training athletes for optimal performance in small and large groups, as well as business best practices for owning a sport-specific training facility or private coaching business. As a student at the Athletic Development Management MSc course at the American Public University, you build skill in managing finances and marketing as you become knowledgeable in exercise science, nutrition, sport psychology, and coaching techniques. In addition, your class in Sports Entrepreneurship allows you to develop a plan for a private coaching business.
What You'll Learn
- Analyze sport movements and design movement-oriented exercise prescriptions
- Understand anaerobic training and how it can enhance muscle strength, muscular endurance, power, flexibility, and motor performance
- Apply managerial leadership concepts to contemporary sports industry practices
- Evaluate best practices in measuring athletic performance and explain how to administer field tests appropriately
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced Exercise and Sport Physiology
- Nutrition for Sports Performance
- Sport Psychology
- Advanced Biomechanics
- Techniques in Coaching Strategy
- Sports Marketing, Promotion, and Public Relations
- Sports Finance
- Sports Entrepreneurship
- 2 months
Start dates & application deadlines
Courses Start Monthly
DisciplinesNutrition & Dietetics Sports Management Sports Sciences View 44 other Masters in Nutrition & Dietetics in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- All APU master's degree/graduate certificate programs require a bachelor’s degree (or higher) from an institution whose accreditation is recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).
- Please read all graduate admission requirements before applying to this program and be prepared to submit the required documentation.
- There is no fee to complete the APU admission application.
International370 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 370 USD per credit during 2 months.
National370 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 370 USD per credit during 2 months.
$250 with military grant
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.