Economic policy problems are everywhere. Think of the financial crisis in 2008, the euro crisis that erupted in 2010 and the corona crisis of 2020.
Think also of population ageing which causes large increases in spending on healthcare and pensions. Global warming may threaten future life on earth. And income inequality is increasing almost everywhere in the Western world due to globalisation and technological changes.
- When graduating from this Policy Economics Master at Erasmus University Rotterdam you are able to work as an applied policy economist at ministries, applied research institutes and bureaus for policy analysis.
- The curriculum of the Master in Policy Economics provides students with economic theory and empirical tools that are essential to become an outstanding policy economist.
- Core courses of this master are Advanced Public Economics, Applied Econometrics, and Advanced Macro-economics.
- Furthermore, students can follow either Economics of Organisations, Industrial Organisation or Advanced Money, Credit and Banking.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEconomics Environmental Economics & Policy Public Policy View 25 other Masters in Environmental Economics & Policy in Netherlands
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Your bachelor degree needs to consist of a solid background in economics, business economics, statistics and mathematics.
- All applicants must show proficiency in the English language.
International15600 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15600 EUR per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA2168 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2168 EUR per year during 12 months.
- €12,300 (Institutional fee: Dutch / EEA students)
Living costs for Rotterdam
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.