This Education and International Development programme at the University College London (UCL) provides students with the opportunity to develop a critical understanding of key aspects of theory, policy and practice in relation to education and international development, and skills and knowledge in research methods and analysis. Students benefit from being taught by renowned researchers of education and international development, as well as international guest speakers.
There will be opportunities for students to be introduced to a number of key international development organisations involved in education and learn more about the nature of their work, as well as to find out about professional development opportunities.
In previous years, students have organised career development events and benefited from volunteering opportunities via the Students' Union UCL Volunteering Service.
Graduates of this programme are currently working across a broad range of areas and sectors in relation to education and international development worldwide. These include local and international NGOs, donor and multi-lateral agencies, national and local education departments, schools and universities.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Education and International Development: Concepts, Theories and Issues
- Gender, Education and Development
- Education, Conflict and Fragility
- Planning for Education and Development
- Learners, Learning and Teaching in the Context of Education for All
- Promoting Health and Wellbeing: Planning, Practice and Participation
- Education and Muslim Communities
- African Studies and Education
- Understanding Education Research: Education and International Development
- Understanding Education Research
- Understanding Research
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation International Development Early Childhood Education View 893 other Masters in Education in United Kingdom
- A minimum of a second-class Bachelor's degree from a UK university or overseas qualification of an equivalent standard is required together with relevant experience in low or middle-income countries (normally a minimum of six months).
- Applicants should demonstrate commitment and genuine interest in issues relating to education and international development.
International23300 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23300 GBP per year during 12 months.
National10500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10500 GBP per year during 12 months.
- UK: £5,250
- International: £11,650
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.