The University of Texas at Austin's Department of Statistics and Data Sciences has partnered with the Department of Computer Science to offer a Master of Science in Data Science online. This new online master's degree program embodies the defining principles of data science, combining the leaders from both fields to present a curriculum designed from the ground up.
- The Data Science degree program at edX - online learning platform for data science offers foundational knowledge in statistical theory while preparing students to apply their skills in the computer science realm for wide industry applications.
- Probability and Simulation Based Inference for Data Science
- Algorithms: Techniques and Theory
- Advanced Predictive Models for Complex Data
- Design Principles and Causal Inference for Data-Based Decision Making
- Data Exploration, Visualization, and Foundations of Unsupervised Learning
- Principles of Machine Learning
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBioinformatics & Biostatistics Machine Learning Linguistics View 59 other Masters in Machine Learning in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at edX - online learning platform and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
Admissions take into consideration the following application materials:
- Bachelor’s degree (see prerequisites)
- Statement of Purpose
- Transcripts from all universities attended
- Preparedness in Mathematics & Programming Preparation Form
- Quest Assessment
- TOEFL or IELTS - Required for International Students
- GRE scores - Currently Optional
- Letter(s) of recommendation (optional)
International6666 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10000 USD for the full programme during 18 months.
National6666 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10000 USD for the full programme during 18 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.