The Master of Arts in Education (MAE) Graduate Program at University of Maryland Baltimore County is a 36 credit, 12-course program that combines the study of pedagogy with the study of an academic content area. Designed for certified elementary, middle, or high school teachers, the program is ideal for those who want to become leaders in their content area.
The Computer Science, Mathematics, and STEM MAE Programs are delivered fully online. The Science MAE Program is currently only available through partnerships with our local school systems.
Why Master of Arts in Education at UMBC?
This Master’s degree is an affordable and convenient way to advance your teaching career. The degree is ideal for certified teachers who are interested in building their resume and enhancing knowledge of both a content area and innovative teaching practices. MAE content courses will help prepare teachers for the PRAXIS exams in additional content areas, which may lead to additional endorsements to their teaching certificate.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The computer science content area is the first and only program of its kind in Maryland. This content area was created in response to the Maryland state mandate for a computer science teacher to be in place at 100% of Maryland high schools by 2021.
- The mathematics content area has been offered fully online since 2015 and continues to update and evolve to meet ever changing needs of PreK-12 students and teachers in mathematics.
- The STEM content area is one of five universities in Maryland to offer the PreK-6 STEM Instructional Leader Endorsement.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Mathematics Computer Sciences View 860 other Masters in Computer Sciences in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- A Bachelor’s degree, a teaching certificate, and teaching experience.
- GRE scores are not required for admission.
- Applicants should have an overall grade point average of 3.0 or higher on a 4-point grading scale in their B.S. course work or any previous graduate courses. (Applicants with an appropriate level of knowledge and professional experience are strongly encouraged to apply.)
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International6000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12000 USD for the full programme during 24 months.
National6000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12000 USD for the full programme during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.