Employment possibilities include federal, state and local governmental agencies; commercial and industrial corporations in the private sector; and private consulting firms knowledgeable in hydrogeologic regulations, wetland mitigations, environmental regulations, flood prediction, pollution abatement and bioremediation, environmental site audits, and regulatory compliance.
This Hydrology program from Portland State University enhances professional development and can put students in a better position either to pursue a graduate degree and/or to pursue certification as a professional hydrologist with the AIH. A student earning a Graduate Certificate in Hydrology achieves a significant proportion of educational requirements and satisfies all primary hydrology coursework for qualification as a member of the AIH.
PSU's hydrology certificate meets the primary hydrological education requirements to be certified by the American Institute of Hydrology.
The graduates go on to work in federal, state, and local government agencies, commercial and industrial corporations in the private sector, and consulting firms that deal with hydrogeologic regulations, wetland mitigations, environmental regulations, flood prediction, pollution abatement, and bioremediation, environmental site audits, and regulatory compliance.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Watershed Hydrology
- Watershed Biochemistry
- Ecology of Streams and Rivers
- Phytoplankton Ecology
- Climate Change Impacts, Adaptations, and Responses
- Hydrologic and Hydraulic Modeling
- Subsurface Hydrology
- Soil and Groundwater Restoration
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesHydrology & Water Management Climate Studies & Meteorology Environmental Sciences View 128 other Masters in Hydrology & Water Management in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- To be considered for regular admission, applicants must have a minimum undergraduate GPA of 2.75 or the equivalent (on the U.S. 4.0 scale) from the degree granting institution(s). Applicants who have earned 9 or more letter-graded graduate credits must have a minimum graduate GPA of 3.0 or the equivalent; this graduate GPA supersedes the undergraduate GPA.
- Copies of official degree certificate/diploma
- Certified translation of transcripts
- Financial documentation demonstrating adequate financial support for at least the first year of study
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International16392 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 683 USD per credit during 12 months.
National16392 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 683 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State10944 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 456 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Portland
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.