The Epidemiology program from Portland State University offers first-rate preparation for careers in government, the nonprofit sector, research institutes, health plans, and other healthcare-related businesses, and academia. The OHSU-PSU SPH has a long history of high-achieving alumni. Employers seeking Epidemiology graduates regard us as a leading source of new talent and actively recruit our graduates.
In addition, the OHSU-PSU SPH’s unique institutional structure encourages you to synthesize perspectives across multiple disciplines. With access to the full resources of two universities, our MPH in Epidemiology equips you to design epidemiologic studies, apply appropriate statistical methods to the analysis of epidemiologic data, and interpret and report results in publications or other venues. You will be able to integrate expertise from basic science, clinical treatment, community health, biostatistics, public policy, and many other disciplines all at the core of public health.
The MPH in Epidemiology offers first-rate preparation for careers in government, the nonprofit sector, research institutes, health plans and other healthcare-related businesses, and academia.
Graduates of our Epidemiology Ph.D. program have an exemplary record of job placement. You will be highly qualified for university faculty positions and scientific leadership roles in government agencies, nonprofit organizations, and private-sector health systems.
Graduates of the dual MD/MPH in Epidemiology return to medical school with a broadened public health lens to complete the final two years of the MD program and plan for your career at the intersection of these two important fields.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureStudents graduating from this track will be able to:
- Apply population-based concepts of epidemiology and risk determination to the assessment of health problems.
- Apply evidence-based knowledge of health determinants to public health issues.
- Apply and interpret a variety of statistical methods commonly used in medical and public health research.
- Propose and test a research hypothesis.
- Identify ethical principles problems that arise in public health policy decisions.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHuman Medicine Epidemiology View 98 other Masters in Epidemiology in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- To be considered for regular admission, applicants must have a minimum undergraduate GPA of 2.75 or the equivalent (on the U.S. 4.0 scale) from the degree granting institution(s). Applicants who have earned 9 or more letter-graded graduate credits must have a minimum graduate GPA of 3.0 or the equivalent; this graduate GPA supersedes the undergraduate GPA.
- Copies of official degree certificate/diploma
- Certified translation of transcripts
- Financial documentation demonstrating adequate financial support for at least the first year of study
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International40980 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 683 USD per credit during 12 months.
National40980 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 683 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State27360 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 456 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Portland
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.