The Statistics & Data Science Graduate Interdisciplinary Program offers interdisciplinary courses of study leading to the Statistics and Data Science - Accelerated Master's Program at University of Arizona and Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) degrees in Statistics (regular track or statistical informatics track), along with a 12-unit Graduate Certificate. A Ph.D. minor in Statistics is also available for students already registered into a Ph.D. program other than Statistics here at the UA.
The GIDP supports and encourages the central role of statistical and quantitative thinking in the biological, physical, engineering, financial, and social sciences.
Necessary training is provided for students to develop core expertise in statistical theory and methodology, and also for students who will apply their statistical knowledge in practical, transdisciplinary research; targeted subject-matter specialties include, but are not limited to biometry, bioinformatics, biostatistics, econometrics & financial statistics, educational statistics, operations research & applied probability, psychometrics, spatial/spatio-temporal analysis, statistical genetics/genomics, stochastic modeling, and quantitative risk assessment.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Theory of Probability
- Theory of Statistics
- Advanced Statistical Regression Analysis
- Design of Experiments
- Statistical Consulting
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- We do not encourage spring admission
DisciplinesStatistics Bioinformatics Genetics View 329 other Masters in Statistics in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Completion of a minimum of 75 undergraduate credit hours will be required at the time of application; a minimum of 90 undergraduate credit hours will be required at the time of entry into the AMP. If the student'sGPA falls below 3.3 at the time they have completed 90 units, the student will not be admitted into the program. Courses taken for audit may not be included in the total number of units counted for eligibility or admission.
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 3.3 on a minimum of 12 units of undergraduate UA.
- Completion of at least 12 earned undergraduate credits in their major at The University of Arizona'smain campus. Units still graded Incomplete, units graded Pass/Fail or units taken as audit will not count toward the requirement of the 12 undergraduate units.
- Completion or near completion of general education requirements.
- Submission of a graduate application and payment of a graduate application fee.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International20126 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10063 USD per semester and a duration of 48 months.
National20126 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10063 USD per semester and a duration of 48 months.
In-State11938 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5969 USD per semester and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.