Get certified to teach in a growing field. Teachers with a high-quality certification in working with deaf and hard of hearing (D/HH) students are in high demand.
Earn your MA in Special Education, your Arizona teacher of deaf/hard of hearing certification and your national certification from the Council on the Education of the Deaf (CED), all in one place.
Graduates of the Special Education - Deaf and Hard of Hearing program from The University of Arizona have gone on to teach D/HH students as either itinerant, resource room or self-contained classroom teachers. Itinerant teachers travel from school to school to provide on-site services and support, while resource room teachers have D/HH classrooms on general education campuses and self-contained classroom teachers typically work at center schools for the deaf or in public school programs.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- You will build the skills to work in a wide range of classroom settings with coursework including language and literacy assessment and intervention, instructional methods and strategies, audiology, speech and language development, cultural diversity and research.
- Focus on addressing the needs of students within public school settings through communication and literacy development and put your learning into practice through a practicum and a final full-time teaching internship.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Special Education View 249 other Masters in Special Education in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Select the Main Campus
- Identify if you’ve been working with a sponsor or agency
- Upload legible PDF versions of unofficial transcript(s)
- Submit proof English proficiency (if required)
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International15000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15000 USD per year during 12 months.
National15000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15000 USD per year during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.