As an MS in Information Systems student from Texas A&M University Central Texas, you will augment your existing Information Systems knowledge and skills through research of new technology solutions and methods to leverage legacy technology in new ways.
The program provides a well-rounded, holistic approach to Managing Information Systems, through which our students gain skills and knowledge about ethical, legal, security, and social issues relating to Information Systems.
Program Level Student Learning Outcomes
- Graduates should demonstrate ability to write effectively on technical and non-technical subjects in computer information systems.
- Graduates should demonstrate ability to orally communicate effectively on technical and non-technical subjects in computer information systems.
- Graduates should be able to work well as a part of diverse teams.
- Graduates should be able to evaluate computer information systems solutions for business situations and select optimal solutions.
- Graduates should be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills in areas including, but not limited to, the ethical, legal, security, and social issues inherent in information systems.
- Graduates should be able to demonstrate the knowledge required to engage in continued professional development.
- Graduates should demonstrate the skills and abilities necessary to research and evaluate current and emerging trends and technologies in order to build effective organizational solutions.
- Graduates should demonstrate an understanding of the role information systems plays in supporting organizational decision-making and for achieving competitive advantage.
- Graduates should demonstrate the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to analyze business needs, and then acquire and/or design and develop the appropriate solution from existing and emerging technologies and tools.
- Chief Information Officer/Chief Technology Officer
- Director of Systems Development/E-Commerce /IT operations
- IT Manager
- IT Project Manager
- Application Development Manager
- Database Manager
- Database Designer
- Database Administrator
- Application Developer
- Systems Analyst/Business Analyst
- Network Administrator
More informationVisit official programme website
- Data Communications for Managers
- Advanced Systems Analysis and Design
- Management Information Systems
- Advanced Database Management
- Information Technology Project Management
- Research Methods in Computer Information Systems
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Sciences Business Information Systems Computer Sciences View 782 other Masters in Computer Sciences in United States
International7810 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 3905 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
National7810 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 3905 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
In-State2746 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1373 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.