How the Biomedical Science (Graduate Diploma in Biomedical Science) from Keele University is taught
The curriculum of this Graduate Diploma has been custom designed to prepare you for postgraduate study within the field of Biomedical Science.
During Semester 1 and 2 of the pre-master’s programme, you study five compulsory core modules (90 credits), which aim to develop your subject-specific knowledge and understanding across a broad range of biomedical science disciplines, as well as your critical, analytical and scientific skills. You'll get a strong grounding in modern biomedicine, and study the basic scientific core subjects and the biology of disease. The aim is to build your skills and confidence in preparation for scholarly study and research at postgraduate level.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Biomedical Science and Pathology
- Biochemistry Research Project (non-experimental)
- Advances in Medicine
- Clinical Pathology
- Case Studies in Biomedical Science
- English for Academic Purposes (EAP)
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
There are no fixed closing dates for the majority of our courses, however some courses may become full and close early.
DisciplinesBio & Biomedical Engineering Biomedicine Biology View 488 other Masters in Biology in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applicants are expected to have successfully completed a Life Sciences Bachelor degree programme.
- Applicants who do not meet this criteria may still be eligible for admission if they can demonstrate appropriate qualifications and/or experience. Applicants who do not have English as their first language must evidence an IELTS score of 6.0 overall with no less than 6.0 in Reading and Writing subtests and 5.5 in Listening and Speaking subtests.
- All non-native English speaking students are required to undertake a diagnostic English language test on arrival, to determine whether English language support may help them succeed with their studies. Students identified as requiring further systematic enhancement of their academic English skills will be enrolled on an English for Academic Purposes (EAP 1,2 or 3) module in addition to their 90 study credits.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International12600 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12600 GBP per year during 12 months.
National6700 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6700 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Keele
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
The following scholarships may be targeted at specific countries, subjects and talent areas. In some cases you may be required to make an independent application, for others the scholarship will be awarded automatically.
- KEELE INTERNATIONAL EXCELLENCE SCHOLARSHIP (PGT)
Up to £5,000 based on undergraduate degree award.
- DEVELOPING COUNTRIES SCHOLARSHIP
£1,000 for students who are nationals of the least developed, low and lower middle-income countries.
KEELE ALUMNI DISCOUNT
GREAT SCHOLARSHIPS 2022
MARSHALL SCHOLARSHIPS FOR NORTH AMERICAN STUDENTS
US FEDERAL STUDENT LOANSARTICLE 26 ASYLUM SEEKER BURSARY
- FULL TIME MBA SCHOLARSHIP
- MSC AI AND DATA SCIENCE SCHOLARARSHIP
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.