The United States Studies - History and Politics MA at the University College London (UCL)'s graduates have established careers in research, journalism, teaching and policy formulation and implementation in both government agencies and NGOs.
Why study this degree at UCL?
- The Institute of the Americas occupies a unique position at the core of academic study of the region in the UK, promoting, co-ordinating and providing a focus for research and postgraduate teaching on the Americas, including Canada, the Caribbean, Latin America and the United States.
- The institute actively maintains and builds ties with cultural, diplomatic and business organisations with interests in the Americas, and provides resources to the wider academic community, serving and strengthening national networks of North Americanist, Latin Americanist and Caribbeanist scholars.
- Students benefit from tuition by world-leading scholars in an academic environment at the cutting edge of research in the humanities and social sciences.
CareersGraduates of this programme will be well placed to use their skills and knowledge to find employment in government, business, journalism, finance and international NGOs, and teaching, or to engage in doctoral research in this field.
- Researching the Americas
- Confronting the Colossus: Power, Protest, and United States Foreign Relations, 1945-present
- From Slavery to Freedom: Race, Class, Gender and Union in the Nineteenth Century United States
- From the New South to the Modern South: The (Re)Making of an American Region
- Politics of US Foreign Policy
- Post-Cold War US Foreign Policy
- US Presidents and the Presidency
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- We recommend you apply as soon as possible. The programme may remain open if places are still available and will be closed as soon as it is full or by 30 June.
DisciplinesHistory American Studies Political Science View 645 other Masters in History in United Kingdom
- Normally an upper second-class Bachelor's degree in a relevant discipline from a UK university or an overseas qualification of an equivalent standard.
International26600 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26600 GBP per year during 12 months.
National12900 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12900 GBP per year during 12 months.
- UK: £6,450
- International: £13,300
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.