During this Financial Mathematics programme from University College London (UCL) students will develop a detailed understanding of the application of mathematics, statistics and computation to problems in finance, and will gain the necessary practical tools for the pricing, hedging and risk management of a diverse range of financial products in several asset classes.
Teaching and learning
The programme is delivered through a combination of lectures, practical classes, tutorials and problem-solving exercises. Assessment is through written papers, coursework, examinations and the research report and presentation.
Many students have progressed to careers in financial services in the City of London or in their home country; a number of graduates have proceeded to a PhD.
The financial services industry requires quantitative finance professionals who are able to analyse data, to program, and who are expert in mathematics and computational statistics. Career prospects for graduates of this programme are excellent.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Statistical Methods and Data Analytics for Finance
- Finance and Numerics
- Market Risk and Portfolio Theory
- Asset Pricing in Continuous Time
- Financial Mathematics Project
- Interest Rates and Credit Modelling
- Topics in Financial and Insurance Mathematics
- Stochastic Processes
- Mathematics and Statistics of Algorithmic Trading
- Applied Computational Finance
- Quantitative Modelling of Operational Risk and Insurance Analytics
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesFinance Financial Mathematics View 69 other Masters in Financial Mathematics in United Kingdom
- A minimum of an upper second-class Bachelor's degree in a relevant discipline from a UK university or an overseas qualification of an equivalent standard.
International32250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 32250 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA27850 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 27850 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
- UK/EU: £14,320 (PT)
- Overseas: £16,280 (PT)
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.