The Finance programme from University College London (UCL) engages with the theory and application of core concepts in a variety of topics including corporate finance, portfolio management, asset pricing, derivatives, behavioural finance or mergers and divestments, and other essentials. Students will develop transferable skills to help them assume leadership roles.
Students will acquire a firm grasp of fundamental finance-related concepts, and be able to apply their knowledge to practical tasks by, for example, utilising mathematical models to predict market behaviour. Graduates will acquire the skills and knowledge required to work in any of the major financial centres from New York, to London, to Tokyo - indeed, globally.
The scope of the financial industry at national and international level is extensive, and includes a range of types of banks, investment and hedge funds, asset management companies, insurance companies, rating agencies, brokers, and large, medium and boutique financial companies specialising in generic and bespoke products and services.
The aim of the Finance MSc is to prepare individuals for effective roles in any of these different organisations within the financial industry.
- Advanced Derivatives Modelling and Portfolio Theory
- Advanced Quantitative Methods for Finance
- Asset Pricing
- Big Data Analytics
- Corporate Finance
- Financial Mathematics
- Financial Econometrics
- Hedge Fund Strategies
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- We recommend you apply as soon as possible. The programme may remain open if places are still available and will be closed as soon as it is full or by 30 June.
DisciplinesFinance Financial Mathematics Taxation View 867 other Masters in Finance in United Kingdom
- A minimum of an upper-second class Bachelor's degree from a UK university or an overseas qualification of an equivalent standard in one of the following subjects: Finance, mathematics, engineering, economic theory, science or statistics.
- Degrees from other disciplines may be considered if they are related to finance and/or mathematics.
International38000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 38000 GBP per year during 12 months.
National38000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 38000 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.