It is led and awarded by UCL with teaching across Loughborough University London and the UAL, London College of Fashion. A multidisciplinary course; this is where design engineering meets global policy and the societal context of disability.
Join the GDI Hub Research and teaching centre at UCL, harnessing academic excellence and innovative practice.
The first term of this Disability, Design and Innovation programme from University College London (UCL) will equip you with core research methods, combined with a solid base in Future Global Technologies for Disability and Development. In the second term, you will take part in a group project and choose an option module.
You will also develop your ability to build both marketing and business strategies to ensure your products, services or programmes are capable of delivering a sustainable, positive difference to disabled peoples’ lives.
Upon graduation, you will be equipped to explore job roles in international development, create start-ups or work within larger corporations in the field of computing, accessibility and assistive technologies. You will understand how technology can be harnessed to improve the lives of the worlds 1 billion disabled people.
- London College of Fashion: Applied Business and Marketing Strategy for Disability Developments
- Loughborough University: Collaborative Unit
- Loughborough University: Design Thinking
- Future Global Technologies for Disability and Development
- Research Methods and Making Skills
- MSc in Disability, Design and Innovation Dissertation
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesDesign Innovation Management General Engineering & Technology View 766 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in United Kingdom
- Either a minimum of an upper second-class Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Social Sciences from a UK university, or an overseas qualification of an equivalent standard, or, five years' experience of working in international development, design or assistive technology development.
- Students entering via the experience route will be required to attend an interview before being offered a place. For students without an engineering background, successful completion of an online preparatory course is compulsory.
- This will be delivered over the summer and will fully prepare students for the technical components for the course.
International32100 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 32100 GBP per year during 12 months.
National16500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16500 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.