As an IKNS student, you will train under world-class faculty, including former and current executives from Accenture, Google, IBM, and NASA. And you will join a powerful, global alum network in coveted positions, including at Alphabet, Harvard Business Publishing, Nike, Pfizer, and The World Bank. Join us to study full-time or part time at a pace of your choosing – in online courses or on-campus right here in New York City.
The Information and Knowledge Strategy program from Columbia University is flexible, designed to be completed by working professionals and career pivoters, and includes many elective courses which you can choose yourself from other graduate programs across Columbia University. The electives allow you to tailor your Ivy-League experience to fit your own intellectual curiosity and career objectives.
As an IKNS student, you will train under world-class faculty, including former and current executives from Accenture, Google, IBM, and NASA. And you will join a powerful, global alum network in coveted positions. Our 300+ alums work in industry, non-profit/NGOs, and government organizations, ranging from Alphabet, BCG Digital Ventures, Goldman Sachs, Harvard Business Publishing, Nike, and Pfizer to the United Nations and the World Bank. Typical jobs and roles are:
- Chief Knowledge Officer, Chief Information Officer, or Chief Operations Officer (e.g., a recent alum was hired to design, implement, and lead the KM approach at Harvard Business Publishing)
- Technology and business analytics professionals with strategic responsibility (e.g., an alum and current lecturer in IKNS is head of business development for Google’s cloud AI services)
- Intrapreneurs responsible for special projects that cut across traditional silos of their organization (e.g., a current student is responsible for the design, launch, and roll-out of a new patient record system across several US East Coast hospitals)
- Consultants and entrepreneurs, including product designers/managers, especially in the digital/gig economy
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Foundations for the Knowledge-Driven Organization
- AI for the Knowledge-Driven Organization
- Digital Workplace and Digital Transformation
- Business Analytics Management
- Leading Collaboration
- IKNS Capstone
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 18 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Semi-structured, Fully structured
- Continuous support with feedback on request
- Individual work/assignments (with online group discussions), Online group works/assignments
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Technology Strategic Management Business Information Systems View 720 other Masters in Informatics & Information Technology in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Columbia University New York - School of Professional Studies and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Completed online application form
- Transcripts from all post-secondary institutions attended
- Your résumé
- 2 letters of recommendation
- Statement of academic purpose (500 words)
- Supplemental essay 500 words
- Optional: Official scores on the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) general test
- Video essay
- An admissions interview (select applicants)
- Students whose native language is not English must include proof of English proficiency
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International60672 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2528 USD per credit during 18 months.
National60672 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2528 USD per credit during 18 months.
Living costs for Manhattan
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.