The Photography and Related Media program of Rochester Institute of Technology encourages graduate study in photography and related media as a means to personal, aesthetic, intellectual, and career development.
The curriculum provides a focus of study that is continually sensitive to the needs of each student, building upon the strengths each individual brings to the program. Successful completion of the program enables students to seek careers in fields including education, museum or gallery work, or as self-employed visual artists.
The MFA program in photography and related media is accredited by the National Association of Schools of Art and Design (NASAD).
- Histories and Aesthetics of Photography
- Studio Core
- Integrated Practices
- Research Core
- Professional Development for the Emerging Artist
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
Priority Deadline: January 15, rolling until April 1
DisciplinesVisual Arts Film, Photography & Media Media Studies & Mass Media View 391 other Masters in Media Studies & Mass Media in United States
- Submit copies of official transcript(s) (in English) of all previously completed undergraduate and graduate course work, including any transfer credit earned.
- Hold a baccalaureate degree (or US equivalent) from an accredited university or college.
- Recommended minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 (or equivalent).
- Submit a current resume or curriculum vitae.
- Three letters of recommendation are required. Refer to Application Instructions and Requirements for additional information.
International54176 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 54176 USD per year during 24 months.
National54176 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 54176 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Rochester
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.