The Data Science program of Rochester Institute of Technology encourages students to work with faculty experts in the field of data science, analytics, and infrastructure who provide hands-on experience solving real problems. The curriculum includes opportunities for students to choose elective courses to pursue a variety of career paths within the broad field of data science and its various application areas. The program prepares students—regardless of their scientific, engineering, or business background—to pursue a career in data science.
The MS in data science is a collaborative program hosted by Golisano College of Computing and Information Sciences and College of Science. You'll take courses that provide deep learning taught by RIT faculty who are experts in the field of data science. You’ll learn the skills that are recognized by employers for their real job relevance. The program is available both online and on-campus.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Applied Data Science
- Foundations of Data Science
- Software Engineering for Data Science
- Principles of Statistics
- Applied Data Science Directed Study
- Introduction to Data Science: Management
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
- Online: Fall/Spring
- Campus: Fall Only
DisciplinesData Science & Big Data View 205 other Masters in Data Science & Big Data in United States
- Complete a graduate application
- Hold a baccalaureate degree (or equivalent) from an accredited university
- Have prior knowledge or professional experience in computer programming and statistics.
- Submit transcripts (in English)
- Submit a minimum of two recommendations from individuals who are well-qualified to assess the applicant’s potential for success
- Submit a current resume or curriculum vitae
- Applicants with undergraduate degrees from foreign colleges and universities are required to submit GRE scores
- Submit a personal statement of educational objectives
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 (or equivalent)
- International applicants whose native language is not English must submit scores from the TOEFL, IELTS, or PTE
International47522 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 47522 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National47522 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 47522 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
online option - $1,129 per credit hour
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.