The Sports Management program of University of West Georgia would support students who do not have an undergraduate degree in sport management but are looking to extend their knowledge to advance their careers in the sport industry.
While the program prepares students to serve in a variety of sectors, the program focuses specifically on two emerging areas in the discipline: Intercollegiate Athletics Administration and Sport Analytics.
The program consists of seven foundational courses that cover numerous aspects critical for the administration of sport programs. Students will also select four electives with an option to take the courses in a concentration or combine electives across concentrations.
The concentration in Intercollegiate Athletic Administration focuses on sport administration in a higher education context.
The Sport Analytics concentration prepares students to apply data science to problems facing sport organizations. The academic experience will culminate with a comprehensive exam and a three credit experiential learning course.
At the conclusion of the program, students who have successfully passed and actively engaged in the coursework will:
- Identify and apply key concepts in the core areas of sport management including management, sales, marketing, communication, sport law, risk management, and finance.
- Demonstrate the ability to use research to address the social, political, and human development issues associated with sport participation and administration.
- Demonstrate proficiency in professional writing and presenting information to an audience of stakeholders.
- Use critical thinking and analytical reasoning skills to collect, analyze, and evaluate data to develop strategies and solve complex problems in the sport industry.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Social Issues in Sport
- Revenue Generation in Sport
- Sport Law
- Strategic Management of Sport Organizations
- Research and Assessment in Sport
- Strategic Sales and Marketing for Sport Organizations
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership Sports Management View 59 other Masters in Sports Management in United States
- All graduate applicants must complete the online Grad Application. A one-time application fee of $40 is required
- Official transcripts from all institutions attended
- An undergraduate GPA of 2.7 or higher
- Official GRE® General Test scores
- Statement of Purpose
- Two letters of recommendation (i.e. employer, faculty member)
- English language proficiency
International11220 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5610 USD per semester during 12 months.
National11220 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5610 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State2892 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1446 USD per semester during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.