The M.A. degree in Museology at University of Florida requires 48 credit hours including:
- 15 credits of museum studies courses (museology seminar, 3 credits; collections management, 3 credits; museum education, 3 credits; exhibitions, 3 credits; special topics, 3 credits)
- 15 graduate credits in a disciplinary focus
- 6 credits of internship
- 6 credits of electives
- 6 credits of individual credit.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- History of Teaching Art
- Curriculum in Teaching Art
- Principles of Teaching Art
- Teaching Art: The Study of Practice
- Teaching Art in Higher Education
- Issues in Art Education
- Methods of Research in Art Education
- Individual Study
- Capstone Project
- Special Topics in Art Education
- Internship in Teaching Art
- Research for Master's Thesis
- Individual Project
- Art in the Age of Revolution
- Arts of Central Africa
- Art of West Africa
- Clothing and Textiles in Africa
- Indigenous American Art
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHistory Museum Studies View 70 other Masters in Museum Studies in United States
- A recognized baccalaureate, graduate or professional degree from a regionally accredited U.S. institution or a comparable degree from an international institution.
- For applicants with a bachelor’s degree only, a minimum grade point average of B (3.0), calculated from all grades and credits after the semester where the applicant reached 60 semester hours or 90 quarter hours is required. Applicants should refer directly to their intended academic units for Graduate Record Examination (GRE) or Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) requirements. If required, academic test scores are used in the context of a holistic credential review process.
International30134 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30134 USD per year during 24 months.
National30134 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30134 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State12740 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12740 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Gainesville
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.