The Master of Science in Clinical Mental Health Counseling with an Emphasis in Christian Counseling at Grand Canyon University empowers future counseling professionals to take a Christ-centered approach to their practice. Acquire foundational knowledge in psychological principles and best practices.
Gain the clinical skills necessary to competently evaluate, diagnose and treat patients with mental, behavioral, social and emotional problems.
As you pursue your online MS in clinical mental health Christian counseling degree, you will take courses that were selected to meet the academic requirements established by the National Board for Certified Counselors for the National Certified Counselor (NCC) credential, the Certified Clinical Mental Health Counselor (CCMHC) credential and the Arizona Board of Behavioral Health Examiners.
Graduates with a master’s in Christian counseling are prepared to pursue licensure and a career in faith-centered mental health counseling. Graduates may choose to pursue positions working with clients who struggle with substance abuse issues or trauma, or they may decide to focus their practice on marital and family issues.
GCU’s Master of Science in clinical mental health Christian counseling is designed to meet the standards for licensure as a Licensed Associate Counselor (LAC) or a Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) under regulations applicable to Arizona. Licensure and certification requirements can vary from state to state. Students should check the licensing requirements for the state in which they wish to practice.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Introduction to Graduate Studies in Counseling
- Professional Counseling, Ethical, and Legal Considerations
- Theories and Models of Counseling
- Substance Use Disorders and Addictions
- Counseling the Culturally Diverse
- Principles of Psychopharmacology
- Human Sexuality and Issues of Aging
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesHealth Sciences Christian Studies Counselling View 42 other Masters in Christian Studies in United States
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Graduate applicants may be accepted at GCU with an undergraduate degree from an accredited college or program that has been approved by Grand Canyon University (GCU), with a 2.8 GPA or higher.
- If you do not meet the GPA requirement, you may be eligible for admission with a graduate degree from an accredited, GCU-approved college or program and passing test scores: GMAT, GRE.
International530 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 530 USD per credit and a duration of .
National530 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 530 USD per credit and a duration of .
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.